The Uga mascot line started in 1956 when, according to a university website, Sonny Seiler brought an English bulldog to the first home game of the season. Head coach Wally Butts later asked his permission to use the dog as Georgia's mascot, while, around the same time a college friend named Billy Young suggested that he name it Uga, a play on the common abbreviation of the University of Georgia. Since then, every Uga has been owned by and lived with the Seiler family in Savannah.
University of Georgia
There are no products matching the selection.